Graduate Study Expo
Tuesday 30 September 2014
4:00pm — 7:00pm
25 Collins St,
Melbourne VIC 3000 Find on Google Maps
Graduate study is an investment in your future. Join us at our Graduate Study Expo and find out how a graduate degree from Australia’s number one university* will give you the chance to pursue your passion and develop your career.
Find out about more than 270 graduate courses available at Melbourne
- All graduate study options in one city location
- Professional staff and academics available to talk to you about our courses, as well as teams from Careers and Employment, the Melbourne School of Graduate Research, International Admissions and Scholarships
- Find out all about the application process and get advice on how you can finance your graduate study
* Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2013–2014; Academic Ranking of World Universities 2014, Shanghai Jiao Tong University.
Online registrations are now closed. However you will still be able to register at the event.
Graduate study options
We offer a wide variety of graduate study programs, from coursework-based professional entry degrees to make you 'job ready' and professional development degrees to advance your knowledge in your chosen field, through to research degrees that place you at the cutting edge of your discipline.
Coursework degrees involve structured classes, lectures and tutorials. Classes may be available during the day, in the evenings, or via weekend intensive sessions for some subjects. Coursework degrees may also involve a minor research thesis component.
Research degrees require completing a major thesis involving original research, undertaken independently under the supervision of one of our leading academics.
We’ll be running information sessions on a number of key areas to give you the chance to hear more about the courses and issues that are important to you. Staff will be present to answer any questions after each session.
|Timeslot||Suite 1||Suite 2|
|4.00-4.30pm||How to apply, Melbourne’s special entry scheme and FEE-HELP (FULL)|
|4.30-5.00pm||Returning to Graduate Study|
|5.00-5.30pm||Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences - A day in the life of a Nursing Student||Veterinary & Agricultural Sciences|
|5.30-6.00pm||Master of Marketing Communications||Graduate Research at Melbourne|
|6.00-6.30pm||Master of Science (Earth Sciences)- Dr John Moreau||Executive Master of Arts|
|6.30-7.00pm||Melbourne Business School info session|
- How to apply, Melbourne’s special entry scheme and FEE-HELP - Not sure where to start? Come to this short session about graduate study at Melbourne. Find out about: how to apply, how Graduate Access Melbourne – our special entry scheme – can benefit you, and options available to help finance your graduate study.
- Returning to Graduate Study - Returning to study after being in the workforce can be daunting. Good planning and research will help you integrate your studies into your busy life. Find out about: what to expect from graduate study, how to prepare, and differences between undergraduate and graduate study.
- Medicine, Dentistry and Health Sciences A day in the Life of a Nursing Student - Find out about a typical day in the life of a nursing student, the fun and challenging aspects of the program and tips on how best to journey through it.
- Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences Discover where a degree in Veterinary or Agricultural Science could take you! Learn about the offerings of the newly established Faculty of Veterinary and Agricultural Sciences, including programs in agricultural sciences, food sciences and veterinary science.
- Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences and Melbourne Business School Master of Marketing Communications Developed in consultation with industry, this program prepares you for a professional career in the rapidly evolving integrated marketing, communications and digital environment.
- Melbourne School of Graduate Research Graduate Research at Melbourne Learn about Graduate Research programs at Melbourne and where research can lead you.
- Melbourne Graduate School of Science Master of Science (Earth Sciences) – Learn about studying Earth Sciences through the Master of Science program, presented by Dr John Moreau
- Graduate School of Humanities and Social Sciences Executive Master of Arts - Develop your professional skills for management and leadership positions, drawing on the expertise of academics, industry professionals and your fellow students in a rewarding cohort experience.
- Melbourne Business School Launch your global business career with Melbourne Business School
University of Melbourne Information Centre
Gate 3, Swanston Street
The University of Melbourne
Phone: 13 MELB (13 6352)